Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Little Cup - LOT OF POWER!!!!!

Thirsty????????

The first Sunday of every month, the church that I attend has a communion service. It is the day we take a small wafer and a shot of grape juice as a symbol of the Lord's Supper as well as His Body and Blood.

This Sunday, I distributed the pre-packaged communion cups with pride. The juice filled cups were petite with a pliable purple metallic top that holds a wafer wrapped in plastic. I was excited when I received my own cup. The new year had begun and I knew that by taking my communion wafer and juice, I was officially launching into a new year with Christ.

As my pastor went through the statements leading up to the congregation eating the wafer and drinking the juice, I desperately struggled to open my cup. Everyone else seemed to easily pry their cups open. Mine felt like they added super glue, monkey tar, and melted iron to fasten it.

I fought and I fought with that cup. Eventually I put it down and realized I was standing behind a table with a plethora of unopened cups.

How many people are standing in the midst of miracles and are struggling to see something great happen in their own lives? Slow down and look at the fact that you are surrounded by God's power and your ability to witness your blessing is in your persistence to pursue HIM!

The woman with the issue of blood fought to get to Christ. When she reached Jesus, He noticed a change. He said her faith healed her! It was her faith through relentless tenacity.

His blood heals, mends, fixes, and more. We have to pursue Christ passionately! As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. (Psalm 42:1 NIV)

The bible says in John 4:13-14 "Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

I thirst for God and I will go through anything to get Him. Keep pushing, Recognize His abundant blessings, and Know that your effort to breakthrough will be rewarded!

No comments:

Post a Comment