Friday, May 17, 2013

Because I Said So!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that what you really want to do?!



Luke 6:46-49
46 “But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say? 47 Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like: 48 He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock.[h] 49 But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell.[i] And the ruin of that house was great.”

When did, “Because I said so” stop being good enough?

Discipline has always been an interesting topic in my family. My mom had a quick hand and did not tolerate my brother or I getting out of line. My father was stern and tough but never laid a hand on my brother or I. Not that one form of correction was better than the other. A child has to be corrected and you must use what works best for you and your child. My father has a deep baritone voice and a scowl that could strike fear into the boogey man. That was enough for me!

It’s funny that in my home we are repeating that same scenario. I am not the disciplinarian but mommy knows how to get it done. Recently my son woke up in the middle of the night screaming for attention. His mother went into his room, told him to go back to bed, and laid him back down. A short while later he yelled for his mom, she retorted, “Go to bed William!” He paused then repeatedly yelled, “Daddy!” She looked at me and said, “ You better not move! He has to learn.”

God gives us direction daily. But, when we aren’t comfortable with His direction, we tend to look for other solutions. He doesn’t want us to fail however gives us free will and He will chastise us for disobedience. The solution is easy. Listen to God’s direction and establish a firm foundation. Start listening and simply do what HE TELLS YOU TO DO! Your rear end and your life will thank you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment