Monday, October 14, 2013

Jesus is a TEXAN! He does everything Big!


Celebrate the small stuff! Every blessing from God is a big deal!

James 1:17 (NKJV)
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
 
A vibrant “Hallelujah” echoed through the office like a Sunday church bell. I rushed over to my friend to see why he was experiencing such jubilation.
“I found my sunglasses.” He was beaming uncontrollably as he waved the sunglasses in the air.

I was both confused and surprised. “What?! That was it?”

After the initial surprise of the moment had passed, I realized that life was full of fragmented blessings.

Others may view your personal blessings as small, but it is perfectly okay for them to be a big deal for you! On top of that, small blessings often accumulate into bigger ones.  I rarely pass up the chance to pick up fallen change because my grandmother once told me that if you collect enough pennies, eventually you would make a dollar. Many of us are waiting for that one big blessing from God – when, in actuality, every blessing we receive is not only good, but also a part of a giant and perfect plan for our lives. We must learn to celebrate every gift we receive from the Lord.

Take some time today to tell God “Thank you!” You have received some great gifts from the best giver. Everything adds up, so count all of your blessings and be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment