Thursday, January 5, 2017

The reason my shoes won't fit my son....

"I can't go with these!"


This morning I was scrolling through my Facebook timeline and had the audacity to get jealous. Someone that I considered to be a great friend was doing something that I had not achieved.

Side note – I've written this before but how long will you watch others live your dreams?

The bible teaches us in Galatians 6:4-5 (NLT)
4 Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else. 5 For we are each responsible for our own conduct.

The Corner Crew 
Tell your neighbor – I see you but I’m not staring!

I don’t fully know what you’ve gone through to get where you are and you may never know all that you have left to do. However, one thing is for certain - any one CAN do anything thorough the power that is presently, currently, right now, and at this moment working in them.

My son Dylan loves to wear my shoes – he’s not particular. Dress shoes, running shoes, boots, Nike Metcons, or whatever he loves them all. The problem is when he attempts to walk…the weight of the shoes is greater than his capacity to move.

Catch this! There is nothing wrong with trying on the shoes of someone you admire or trying out the possibilities of your future endeavors with someone who has accomplished them. But, just as David told Saul “I can’t go with these” – you must walk the path that was divinely created for you with the power that is surging within you. (1 Sam 17:39)


I am grateful for every mentor and role model I have had growing up. I will never fit their shoes but I am learning how to design and do great things in my own.

YOU CAN DO IT! #GreaterIsInYou

Willc1day.blogspot.com

Williamcumby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment