Monday, October 29, 2012

What 2 wear this week!


The Greatest Garment Ever!!

Isaiah 61:3
and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

Psalm 34
King James Version (KJV)
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 2 My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. 3 O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together. 4 I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

This week many people will spend hours preparing a garment to disguise themselves. From the super cute to the super scary each outfit is designed to be displayed just for a night.

Although the costume is momentary - there are those that wear a costume daily.

Fear, pain, degradation and more are covered up by temporary smiles and false feelings because of the trepidation that if everyone knew how ugly they really felt people would prefer they wore a mask anyway!

Watch this!

Just as swiftly as this week appeared -it can quickly disappear! There is an immediate ointment for your ailment. The weight of sorrow is heavy - but God has a light and custom fit garment called praise which will relieve you!

Refocus from pain to praise and watch God show up.

Instead of promoting problems - praise God! Turn off the music that is spiritually and emotionally destructive and turn on something encouraging.

Get clothed in praise!

Praise is your weapon! Praise is your power! Praise is your victory dance in the face of what looks like defeat!

Psalm 118:24
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
24 This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

2 comments:

  1. Talk about being an ON TIME word! I have been feeling inadequate the older I get for not being able to hold down a successful relationship. For a young woman, at times, this can be depressing. I have to realize though that adequacy flows through me from God (Pastor Wright's recent message) and praise God anyhow! I know that He has who's best for me in store, waiting to be released to me, in the meantime, I will PRAISE HIM in Advance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect word, for the day at hand...an ATTENTION grabber....Powerful!!!

    ReplyDelete