Friday, November 23, 2012

They don't fit

1 Samuel 17:38-42
New King James Version (NKJV)
38 So Saul clothed David with his armor, and he put a bronze helmet on his head; he also clothed him with a coat of mail. 39 David fastened his sword to his armor and tried to walk, for he had not tested them. And David said to Saul, “I cannot walk with these, for I have not tested them.” So David took them off.

The other day my brother and I traded shoes. He put on my Nike's and I put on his Lucchese boots. The boots were made from the underbelly of an alligator and dyed a deep jet black.

I felt taller, powerful, stronger, and fancy!

Then, I tried to walk. Each step hurt worse than the one before. Assuming there needed to be some time for adjustment, I kept walking.

It never got better!

Although we wear the same size - they didn't fit!

The bible teaches us that God orders our steps! As much as people may try to clothe you in their perception of what your identity may be - it will never work out.

As a parent we can not make our children fit our mold - we must lead them according to the gifts God has given them.

David told king Saul after a few steps in the kings armor, "this isn't for me!"

David was more victorious being who he was than what he was asked to be!

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr Seuss




No comments:

Post a Comment