Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Black Leather and 90's Swag!


Busting Out!

Matthew 9:17 "
Nor do they put new wine into old wineskins, or else the wineskins break, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But they put new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.”

Before I was married I was given a pair of black leather pants from the lady I was dating at the time. I absolutely loved those pants. Whenever the weather in Houston got a slight bit chilly, I would pull them out and rock them like they were brand new. I also had a motorcycle at this time. I felt very awesome getting off my bike with my black leather pants and riding boots.

After I got married, my wife kept threatening to get rid of my favorite leather pants. I gave every excuse to keep them. Her response was consistent, “You no longer have a bike, they don’t fit, and we are not living in the 90’s!” One wintery afternoon I came home prepared to rock my leather pants - THEY WERE GONE!!! She smiled like a Cheshire cat and claimed innocence.

God has brought you through and promoted you to better days and higher heights. However, there is that piece that wants to reclaim your past for any number of reasons.

When you accepted Jesus into your life He spoke this statement over your life, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)

You can’t move forward while looking back!

There may be items in your life that you tried to remove but haven’t had the strength or ability. That is when God will provide the necessary action to remove those things. Don’t be mad they are gone! Give God praise and accept His new blessings that replaced your old sins. 

That life, those issues, those problems don’t look good on you anymore. He has clothed you in new life – so let go and let GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment