Friday, December 28, 2012

I'm HOOKED & I Have to tell!!!


Most popular gift?!


Matthew 10:32-33
32 “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. 33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Psalm 34:1-3
34 I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 2 My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. 3 O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.

I read that the most popular item on people’s 2012 Christmas wish list was some sort of Apple product, (Ipad, Iphone, Ipod, Mac). I can’t refute those requests. After all I own many Apple products and as a matter of fact I’m typing this blog on my MacBook Pro.

The product’s popularity could be attributed to it being user friendly and colorful but a big chunk of credit has to go to how the Apple brand is marketed. Every time you turn on the tv, open a website or walk anywhere – the Apple brand can be seen. The company does a great job promoting the product but people’s word of mouth testimonials are twice as powerful.

I believe that if we talked about God as much as we talk about Apple – maybe He would be number one on more lists.

We are to be living examples of Jesus Christ – a walking billboard always exclaiming the goodness of our relationship with the King of Kings. We receive little to no reward from the creators of many products for promoting them. However when we publicly promote our love for Jesus Christ He brings our name up to God. The creator of the universe and author and finisher of our faith!

Equally as intriguing is the fact that “A Dad” was the tenth most popular item on the wish lists. (http://now.msn.com/britains-10th-most-popular-christmas-gift-request-is-a-dad)

People are seeking a physical father to encourage, empower, love and invest in them. Our spiritual Father can do all of those things and more if we would just accept Him and trust Him.

My new year’s resolution is to be a better example of Jesus and tell others about how great of a father He is. I challenge you to look back over your Christmas list, evaluate what you promote, and consider how good your Father in heaven has been to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment