Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Wanna See My Signature?!?!?!?


Luke 10:20
Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather[f] rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

Psalm 16:11
“You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”

The 2013 NBA All-Star Celebrations recently took place in Houston, TX. The city prepared for months anticipating the droves of visitors. New club venues popped up, restaurants were closed for celebrity parties, and the malls were eagerly awaiting the crowds.

It was everyone’s intention to catch a glimpse of a celebrity. This was their opportunity to personally witness individuals they had only seen on television, watched at the movies, or heard on the radio.

Ultimately it was many individual’s intent to obtain some sort of proof to validate their encounter with someone they value. I can admit to being star struck a few times in life. I had to get a picture so that I could post it and impress my friends or a few enemies. Ha!

As fun as it is to get a picture or even an autograph, I am reminded of what Luke wrote in his gospel. Jesus appointed the seventy to go two by two into all of the cities preaching about the proximity of God’s Kingdom.  When the seventy returned, they were elated about all that had transpired. Jesus then turned to them and essentially said – that’s cool and all but what you really should be excited about is the fact that YOUR NAME IS WRITTEN IN HEAVEN. WOW!

It is as if Jesus was saying I could give you my signature and stamp of approval but I would rather show you yours! YOUR NAME IS WRITTEN IN HEAVEN AND THERFORE IT CARRIES A GREAT VALUE. I hope my name is written really big like John Hancock on the Declaration of Independence with stars and exclamation points!!!!!

It is a completely awesome feeling to get in the presence of a celebrity but remember who gives you TRUE JOY and PLEASURE. Get in God’s presence and recognize the strength of your name as well as where it is written!

1 comment: