Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Lord's Lullaby! Have you heard it?????


Zephaniah 3:17 (NKJV)
The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”

8:30PM my son is asleep in his crib. I am elated! It was only he and I for the night and a sleeping child means dad can get stuff done.

I rushed to my computer and excitedly looked over what I planned to accomplish that evening. It didn’t take long for me to get engrossed in work.

Around midnight, I heard a faint cry from will’s room. Assuming my son was only fussing while adjusting, I ignored it and kept working. Soon the feeble cry turn into a boisterous roar.

I darted up the stairs then walked into his pitch-black room trying to avoid his toys. Although I could not see him, the sound of his voice led me to his crib where he was standing and leaning over the rail.

His face was wet with tears. I lifted him up and held him while trying to console him. It didn’t take long to recognize that he also had a stinky surprise for me in his diaper.

On the changing table he tossed and turned while still crying uncontrollably – my every effort to soothe him and remove the diaper was being thwarted. Then, I got the crazy idea to sing to him. I’m not Brian Courtney Wilson, John Legend, or Ron Isley but I gave it my best effort with “Jesus Loves Me”.

Immediately, his demeanor changed. Like laying in a hammock on a breezy afternoon, Will placed his hands behind his head and relaxed.

I believe that many of us get overly annoyed at the mess that we are in and we cry out for assistance. Once assistance arrives, we are so upset at our circumstance that we cannot accept help. Assistance is available but you have to unplug your ears and listen to the song that God is singing over you.
How cool is that?! God makes time to sing you a lullaby!

According to Zephaniah, God is in your midst and His love can and will quiet you. Listen for the sound of His singing. Relax in His presence and allow him to remove that mess that causes things to STINK in your life.

3 comments:

  1. Whew...what a "be still and know" revelation. Truly He is my song and my salvation. This post brings comfort to me. Thank you for allowing the Holy Spirit to flow! Ms. Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Analogy Man Of God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Powerful. What a great connection

    ReplyDelete