Tuesday, March 18, 2014

E-I-E-I-O

Romans 8:26-27
New Living Translation (NLT)
26 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. 27 And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers[a] in harmony with God’s own will.

Old McDonald Had a Farm E-I-E-I-O!

This is such a fun and addictive song. Someone starts singing it and then it is stuck in your head the remainder of the day.  Maybe I’m a research nerd or maybe my quest for random knowledge makes me believe I am cool, but I randomly decided to do a search on what E-I-E-I-O was really about. After a little more than too much time perusing the Internet for answers, the common definitive was that it was used as filler when there wasn’t enough words to say.

My son has latched on to this song and loves to sing it. Sometimes I find him randomly just saying e-i-e-i-o when he is at a loss for words. Example:

Me: Hey son what are you doing over there? Do you need anything?
Son: Playing.
Me: What are you playing with? Are you sure you are ok?
Son: truck, car, e-i-e-i-o (as he grabs at his pants)

Whaaaaa?!?!?!?!

Exactly! When he ran out of words to describe his circumstance, he simply said e-i-e-i-o.

Here is where it gets fun. Although my son was at a loss for words, his father knew exactly what he was trying to say. He was playing but he needed to go to the restroom.

The bible says in Romans 8:26-27 that in our weakness, the Holy Spirit helps us. It also says that the Father knows our heart and pleads on our behalf. So, what does that mean for you? When you are at a loss for words and end up fussing, rumbling, and mumbling words through your tears and complaints – the Holy Spirit is right there listening and deciphering your requests.

In tragedy, in confusion, in upset, or even in loss its ok to be lost on what to say. Remember that you are not alone and that the words of your prayers, articulate or unrecognizable, are always heard. When we get caught up in our activities and need assistance – words can become difficult to locate. There is hope. Keep speaking - He is listening and able to understand your every request.


2 comments:

  1. Yes Sir William!!! I like that bro...my wife say the same thing. That I find Jesus in everything lol, but I definitely like this. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete