Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Growing Pains :-/


Growing Pains

2 Corinthians 4:17 (NLT)
17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!

One evening, while I was babysitting my Goddaughter, she walked into the living room with Texas size tears falling from her eyes. With a calm and steady voice, I questioned her sorrowful demeanor.

She climbed into my lap and started rubbing her legs. I wiped her face and again questioned her about her tears. She managed to stammer out, “My legs are hurting – I think I’m growing!”

How often in life do we experience tear-inducing pains that seem to stifle our very existence?

Anyone that works out or has ever worked out is familiar with the old adage - “No pain, no gain!”

God never promised us that pain or discomfort would be foreign. In fact, it is through our pain that we discover where our real strength derives.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)

“… “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.”
 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NLT)


The next time you experience a level of discomfort – talk to God – that pain that you are experiencing could be Him healing you and challenging you to grow up! Work through your pain, remember your goals and know that the end result will be a bigger, stronger and more confident you!

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” – Seven time Tour de France Champion

No comments:

Post a Comment